‘Day and Night’ is the name of a new discipleship group at St. Mark’s. We believe that in our current context the most pressing need in the church is for the growth of mature, transformed Christian leaders who can influence those around them. We draw our inspiration from the writer of the Psalms who gave his whole life to experiencing and showing the love of God:
By day the Lord directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.
Through this community we aim to create an ongoing cohort or ‘stream’ within the life of our church, where those who are leaders or potential leaders (whether in the church or in their wider life) can find help to mature in their faith and vocation through shared training, activities and fellowship. In time we expect that all leaders in St. Mark’s ministries will be a part of this group. Membership of the group will be by invitation of the Senior Minister, but please enquire if you are interested in being part of our activities or learning more.
Our activities will include:
- Regular sessions (each Term) working on our ‘Rule of Life’ together and associated topics
- Seminars and training on leadership and ministry skills
- Sub-groups formed for specific ministries and interests (eg. small groups, workplace leaders, household leadership).
- Ongoing resources will be provided for personal prayer and study
- Retreat/conference opportunities
- Spiritual direction sessions
The basic Day and Night ‘curriculum’ will be the book Emotionally Healthy Discipleship by Peter Scazzero. Copies will be made available to borrow or purchase for group members. You can find more information about EHD books, courses and resources at their website.
Materials and Resources